Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: Spiced Vanilla Scrub from the Body Shop

I am pretty late reviewing a winter-christmas scent, but I don't stop into The Body Shop that often and I only just finished my previous scrub in order to try this one. I bought this on clearance after christmas for a couple of dollars, just the small travel size. I haven't tried the lotion yet, maybe I will review that another day. This is for the scrub only.



Before I describe this, I should put a brief disclaimer: there is something in The Body Shop products that my nose doesn't like and has never liked. This product unfortunately continues the tradition. To me this is an unholy combination of yogurt and cheap sunscreen. There is no real vanilla to my nose, just a yogurty sour base, with some dry spice that is quite stale and uninteresting. Nothing sweet, nothing creamy, and nothing like a holiday scent to my nose. 

There are huge differences in the scrub consistency, varying from giant pieces of nut down to useless, squashy pieces. While some people might find this useful, I prefer a course and consistent scrub. This just seemed to be spreading pieces of dirt around and with no good exfoliating action because it was so varied.


In the picture you can see the scrub pieces. I think they are far too large to be useful, and a lot of the cream just washes off with no exfoliating action. This product doesn't lather, so its impossible to keep it on your skin for long. I smelled like I spilled some yogurt on myself when I got out of the shower, but the scent was thankfully gone within minutes of towelling off, so it doesn't have much longevity.
Sorry Body Shop, but this one is a fail in my opinon.

No comments:

Post a Comment